Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a very broad and complex topic. And of course SEO differs a lot with respect to your requirements or the type of your content being promoted on the web. Its different from optimizing a blog to optimizing a 10 page static website or even a Content Management System ( CMS ) on the web. Recently the SEO industry have defined a new category of SEO (Which is a more advanced that normal SEO ) and its called Enterprise SEO. Let me define what is Enterprise SEO :
Enterprise SEO can be defined as the process of implementing and maintaining a set of SEO related projects and evangelizing certain culture (focusing on SEO) inside large enterprise (web related) companies . So now we have to define ‘Large enterprise companies (web related)’ , to be more precise. Large enterprises are the ones which have more common attributes mentioned below :
- Large number of public landing pages (more than 5000 pages) in which majority of the pages are dynamically created (which are not static HTML pages).
- Contains multiple hosting servers where traffic is controlled by load balancers.
- Update existing landing pages with content and structure changes.
- Adds new landing pages.
- Dynamic user generated content – Reviews, ratings and comments.
- International presence.
- Have good number of competing websites in participating industry.
- Search engine Marketing (Like Google Adwords) is one of their key marketing campaigns.
- Have a strategy to generate high ROI (return on investment).
Here are some enterprises which heavily depend depend on SEO managers to perform enterprise SEO :
- Top E-commerce websites
- Top Content sites like Yelp, Zagat etc
- Top product companies like Apple, Adobe etc
Please check for my future posts which will focus more on topics like top SEO tools for enterprise SEO and role of an Enterprise SEO manger.
Possibly Related Posts:
- How can nofollow links hurt your site’s ranking
- Effective SEO for Test websites
- Google Analytics adds SEO reporting
- How is site speed and SEO related?
- Top 10 SEO blogs any SEO expert should follow